Summer Learning Journey- The sound of pure Ballet

Making my own music was pretty hard, but I finally got it! At first I started making a random mess and it didn’t really sound good. But then I took my time and just went with it, carefully. I then ended up with a some-what better version of my old one. I really love this version because it reminds me of the music they have at Ballet shows. I remember my entire school went to a Ballet show, it was very awesome and enjoyable. Their dances was beautiful and the actors themselves were beautiful too! My teacher told me that Ballet is the most fittest sport. I was very surprised, im pretty sure everyone in my class was suprised. Do you admire or love to watch Ballet?

“Ode to Joy” may seem like a ordinary old school song, but it has precious memories. On the day of Beethovens performance, the crowd loved it! But Beethoven kept conducting but eventually one of the people apart of this project stopped him and turned him around to the crowd. Although the crowd were cheering, they knew that Beethoven couldn’t hear quite well. So they threw their hats into the air to show how much they loved him.

https://g.co/arts/ZqNfhaNAEV2J7gzcA

(Copy and paste this link onto another tab and watch my music)

4 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey- The sound of pure Ballet

1. Kia ora Madelyn,

I love how in your description you mentioned your experience going to the ballet with your school. What an incredible experience. There are many people that will never get to experience ballet. My favourite part about the ballet is how strong they are. I was lucky enough to see the Russian Ballet Company perform Swan Lake when I was younger and I remember being absolutely mesmerized by their strength and how beautifully they danced. The part I remember the most is when the leading male lifted up the leading female above his head and danced with her above his head for about 2 minutes.

The viola is a lovely sound that you do associate with the ballet. What other instruments would you expect to hear at the ballet? If you could play any instrument (really well) which instrument would you like to play? Mine would be piano, I love the sound and the versatility of the piano.

What a wonderful piece of information you know about Beethoven. It is pretty interesting that Beethoven was this renowned musician and composer but he himself was deaf by 44. I wonder how he navigated that challenging time.

It would have been awesome if you included a screenshot of the app you used, just to give people an idea what it looks like and how you use it.

Anna
    SLJ

1. Talofa Lava Anna

I’ve heard of Russian Ballet shows, but never been to one. I’ve seen males carry the woman by the torso, but I’ve never seen a male carry a woman on top of his head! I would love to see that someday.

And to answer your questions, I think I would expect drums to be played at a Ballet show, I’ve seen Contemporary Ballet before, its very exciting. I would love to play a guitar if I knew how to play it really well.

Have a good day today!
      -Madelyn

2. Morena Maddy
    Jamie here again! What lovely music you have composed. It really does sound like a ballet performance, which reminded me of the time when our school went on a trip to Manukau.
    Also, did you mean the music sounded like the dancing of the performance or the music of the performance? For me, it sounded like a graceful and happy dance.

The info you wrote onto your blog post is really helpful and interesting. It must have been really embarrassing for him to keep on conducting when everybody knows to stop!
    Thanks for sharing Maddy, keep up the good work and have a great day – and a happy New Year too!!
    Your best friend, Jamie

1. Talofa Lava Jamie

I think the music reminds me of both the performance and the music that is played during Ballet Shows. But I agree! It does sound like a graceful and happy dance.

Have a good day today! And a happy New Year too!