Summer Learning Journey- Under the Sea

Jellyfish,Seahorses and crabs are one my favourite creatures that live in the sea.

Fun fact! Did you know that most Seahorses are monogamous (Only have/had 1 partner in their life) and they mate forever?  If only some people were like Seahorses. And did you know that Blobfishes dont have any bones or muscles? They also don’t have teeth!

But the blobfish is my favourite, although it might look ugly and smell gross I think it looks pretty cute. It also reminds me of myself, just lying around all day doing nothing. What is your favourite sea creature? And what are some interesting facts about them?

One thought on “Summer Learning Journey- Under the Sea

1. Kia ora Madelyn,

Where did you get your cool looking jellyfish and blobfish from? They look pretty awesome. That is a fun fact about seahorses. I know another fun fact. Did you know the father seahorse carries the baby, not the mother.

I don’t know anything about blobfish so I googled it and WOW those are some interesting looking fish. From my google reading I learnt that they are quite nice to eat believe it or not. I also learnt they live in super deep parts of the ocean, so deep the pressure there is 100 times what we feel now. That high pressure is what makes it look like a squashed, squishy fish. Interesting information.

My favourite sea creature seems far less interesting after reading about the blobfish. My favourite sea creatures are whales. I change between the Blue Whale and the Orca Whale (which is actually a dolphin). I like the Orca because they are intelligent, the biggest dolphin that exists and they have incredible hunting skills. I like Blue Whales because they are the biggest mammal known to mankind, ever! Their tongue weighs as much as an elephant which is crazy to believe. They are also the loudest animals on the planet, would you believe it?

Thanks for the informative blog post Madelyn, I loved reading it and learning something I didn’t know.

Anna
    SLJ