Summer Learning Journey-Summer Styles

When I was creating my drawing, I was a bit confused at first so I used a reference for some of the designs. My favourite design is the flowers, I think it’s very beautiful and very pretty. The conrast technique I used for the sun in the middle was to form the yellow into orange, then orange into dark red. Fun fact! Most of the designs on my artwork is inspired by my older sisters aesthetic.

6 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey-Summer Styles

1. Kia Ora my name is Boston from Foxton Beach School. Credits to you that is an amazing drawing I wish I was as good as you. What is your favorite site or colouring tool to use?

1. Talofa Lava Boston.

My favourite site to use when doing art is Google Draw. Although I try using other sites to do my art i’m just used to using Google Draw now.

Have a fantastic holiday!

2. Malo lelei Maddy
    I love your summer styles art. My questions for you; where did you get this idea from? You are really creative with art, Maddy! My feedback is for you to make the words in the middle a little bit darker so people can see it better. Keep up the GREAT work and have a nice weekend!
    Jamie

1. Talofa lava Jamie,

And to answer your question, I got this idea from an image I saw online. Sadly I forgot what it was called but I got my inspiration from it. Most of the designs are also inspired by my older sisters aesthetic, since her name is “Summer”.

Have a great and fantastic school holiday. And thank you for giving me advice, this will come very useful in the future!

3. Mōrena Madelyn,

This is such a fun activity as I love art and seeing everyone’s different interpretations of summer. I think your art looks great, I believe the activity was encouraging you to design a bookmark but I think your art still achieves that!! I love your use of the word summer and I agree that that one simple phrase sums up summer time quite well. Your use of geometric shapes is quite cool too. I see that your sister’s art work inspires a lot of your art, what kind of art does she make? Painting, drawing, digital art?

When I think of summer time, the first thing that comes to mind is the beach so if I was to complete this activity I would definitely design a beach themed bookmark!! Do you go to the beach often in summer?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Talofa Lava Zana

While making my image, I was very distracted on making it very pretty that I forgot to make it look like a bookmark as well.. But since I’ve learnt my lesson I’m now trying to just take my time. To answer your questions, my older sister does painting and drawing! But she sometimes does digital art too. Sadly no, I don’t really go to the beach often.

Thank you for commenting on my work, I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day today and a jolly good Christmas!