Summer Learning Journey-My Emoji Cipher (Step it up)

For the Step it Up version, I had to Decipher 2 more codes. By using 2 different Cipher ways. Using my basic maths skills it was easy, same as the “Grid Code”. Making my own cipher using emojies was not really easy. I tried making it hard for the viewer to solve, but instead I made some of them simple because it wouldn’t show the image. If you would like to have a go on completing my code, then you can! Its on the last slide. If there is any problems or any issues that you’ve come across then tell me. Also tell me what your answer is once you complete it.

This is basically a hint but the reason why I chose my favourite SLJ activity as my favourite is I really like how I had to draw an item and include language that everyone uses when texting. If you completed my code, you will get which SLJ activity im talking about. I really love deciphering these codes, it makes me feel like a detective in an action movie. My favourite murder mystery movie is “Glass Onion: A knives out mystery” which you can watch on Netflix. Warning! That movie does has some not really good scenes for young children.

Whats your favourite Murder Mystery movie?

2 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey-My Emoji Cipher (Step it up)

1. Mōrena Madelyn,

This is a fun step up from the previous code cracking activity, it is amazing how many different formats of code language there are and how easy it is to learn or even come up with your own code. My all time favourite code would have to be morse code, what would yours be?

It looks like you had a great time deciphering some of Whaea Donnas codes and coming up with your own secret message using emoji code. After some careful time and deciphering skills I think I have managed to crack your code!! Does it say… summer chat activity?

If so, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed this activity so much, as an extra step up you could have a go at creating your own code!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Talofa Lava Zana

Although I’ve learned about other enjoyable ciphers, I would have to go with morse code too! And yes you got my hidden code answer right, congrats. I’m glad to hear that someone got it right, I thought it would be too confusing for the viewers too solve.

Have a good day today! Maybe I should create my own code, can’t wait!
      -Madelyn