Summer Learning Journey- Cipher and Codes

For this SLJ activity, we had to decipher the codes that were on the slide. I understood Atabash very quickly so I completed the first code quick. But it did make me a little bit confused. As in redoing it over and over again just to see if its correct. But as for the Pig Pen, it made me very confused but I eventually got it. I do not really know if I got it correct, but if I did then I am very proud

For the last slide I had to create my own code using Atabash or Pig Pen. As you can see, I ended up using Atabash. When creating my codes I had a lot of things I love to do when its Summer. HINT: I chose the events I or other people usually do when its the holidays. This SLJ activity reminds me of the “Rebuz Puzzle” activity I completed. Both SLJ activities were very fun. Out of every Cipher, what is your favourite one?

INT:

3 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey- Cipher and Codes

1. Talofa Maddy
    great job at completing the puzzles, and creating your own. This activity reminded me of the Rebus Puzzles too. Which puzzles/ciphers were harder to create? Rebus Puzzles or the Atabash cipher? For me, it is for sure the Atabash cipher because sometimes I get confused and forget what letter I am supposed to find!

I will give you a hint so others’ go’s at trying your codes won’t be spoilt! Is the top one about a place we went to a few days ago? And is the bottom one behind YMCA? Hopefully I got them right!

To answer your question, my favorite cipher is Pig Pen because it is so simple yet so hard to crack – especially if you don’t have the solution paper with the letters!

Keep up the GREAT work Maddy, have a nice evening and God bless!
    Your friend, Jamie

1. Talofa Lava Jamie

Hello! I would definitely say the hardest for me is Atabash too. Sometimes I get confused and look at the top one instead of the bottom one. And if you mean the liquid place behind the YMCA then yes you got both of them right!

Have a good day today! And have a wonderful time this year!
      -Madelyn

2. Mōrena Madelyn,

What an awesome code and cipher activity, I love this code activities as they are such a fun brain workout. I love doing escape rooms so deciphering codes is something I find super fun and challenging!

My Mum actually made this activity so I found it super easy to decipher her codes but it looks like you had a lot of success deciphering them as well!! Was there any code that you found especially difficult or way too easy?

I think I have managed to decipher your code. Does it say have a picnic at dunkirk park and swimming in the pools? Those are some super fun summertime activities, I also love picnics but I prefer swimming at the beach!!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ