Summer Learning Journey-Tangram

For this Summer Learning Journey activity, I had to do Tangrams. Fun fact! Did you know “Tangrams” was originated from china? Then it went over to America then Europe and eventually everywhere. I chose to do these 4 shapes because I loved the designs.

But my favourite one is the “Umbrella” one. The pose reminds me of a old-fashioned lady trying to control her umbrella, I don’t really know why it reminds me of that but it just does. What’s your favourite Tangram design?

One thought on “Summer Learning Journey-Tangram

1. Malo e lelei Madelyn,

This is such a fun maths activity, I love geometry so working with shapes and nets is my favourite kind of maths! I think you did an incredible job on this activity, your description explained the task beautifully, and asked another meaningful and engaging question!

I think you have some awesome reasons for why each shape does not belong, especially the reasons that aren’t necessarily maths jargon such as “this shape is the only one that is valentines theme”. I think it is awesome to see your creativity with how you completed this task!

I think you did another awesome job on this post and it is great to hear that you enjoyed creating your tangram objects. Your Umbrella one is definitely my favourite, the only thing missing is some rain!

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ